The AMiE-project will provide European teachers with inspirational and supportive tools regarding the introduction of mindfulness in pre-primary and primary education (age 3-12). AMiE is unique in that it uses the power of art and creative processes as a starting point for the introduction of mindfulness in a school context.
The AMiE-consortium consists of three European higher education institutions, a private music school and a company specialised in STEAM, playful learning and mindfulness in an educational context:
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts Antwerp (Belgium)
- Dundalk Institute of Technology (Ireland)
- Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (Norway)
- Curso de Música Silva Monteiro (Portugal)
- Speel je wijs (the Netherlands)
The project is funded by the Erasmus+-programme Strategic Partherships for higher education. Project coordinator is the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL), with project leader Jonas Selås Olsen. The project runs for 36 months, starting September 1st 2020.